Because the future does not wait
Protect the climate, secure the future: our actions
Examples of our sustainablity measures
At HARTMANN, we are taking action on multiple levels and with various Initiatives. Amongst others, the following measures are part of the HARTMANN sustainability strategy:
- Environmental management: The majority of HARTMANN production and logistics sites have certifications to meet the compliancy of standards.
- Consumption analysis and optimisation: We are purposefully collecting data to analyse and optimise our own consumption.
- Continuing consultancy: Our own sustainability team identifies optimisation potential and puts them into action.
|EMAS||ISO 14001||ISO 45001||ISO 50001|
|2 sites||20 sites||10 sites||10 sites|
Joint forces: global and local efforts combined
To take holistic action for climate and environment, we focus our efforts on global and local levels:
- On a global level, we secure efficient sustainability management through the regulations of the HARTMANN Management Board. Our department for
- Health, Security and Environment (HSE) is responsible for operational execution.
- Locally, our country-specific organisation, as well as the organisation of our subsidiaries, is secured through local management. Here, all the legal and company-wide requirements are ensured.
- Additionally, our HSE department advises our country divisions and contributes significantly to our continual sustainability efforts.
Initiative: HARTMANN for Future
Reduce environmental impact: This is the core goal of our initiative HARTMANN for Future. Initiated by HARTMANN Spain, it is an exceeding example of our sustainability efforts at a local level. The initiative continually searches for new possibilities to protect the environment without endangering the safety and reliability of our products. From this initiative, various environmental measures have originated in the areas of
- energy consumption,
- waste management,
- analysis of product lifecycles,
- and emissions.
Because of its relevance, the initiative, which began in 2020, will continue to expand in various ways, including broadening the scope of product sustainability and energy efficiency in our buildings.