• Key financial indicators: organic sales growth of +2.0% compared to the first quarter of 2020, but lower than in the fourth quarter of 2020
• Outlook 2021: Management Board confirms forecast for the year 2021
First quarter 2021 key financial figures
Sales and organic sales growth
EUR 593.3 million (+2.0%)
EUR 111.4 million (-1.3%)
EUR 203.4 million (+23.9%)
EUR 168.6 million (-9.5%)
Other Group Activities
EUR 109.9 million (-6.7%)
- Group: Overall, HARTMANN achieved organic sales growth of +2.0%. Sales revenues across all business segments amounted to EUR 593.3 million. If exchange rate effects as well as acquisitions and divestments are included, the Group recorded a sales decline of -1.7%. Adjusted EBITDA amounted to EUR 82.6 million. The earnings momentum slowed compared to the last quarter of 2020.
- Wound Management: The Wound Management segment remained negatively impacted by a reduction in elective surgeries, as well as fewer visits to doctors, among other things. There is less demand for traditional wound products in particular. However, modern wound management concepts defied this trend and developed positively.
- Infection Management: The development in the Infection Management segment is attributable to a strong demand for personal protective equipment. However, the business with disinfection products declined significantly due to customers building up large inventories and a general decline in market demand.
- Incontinence Management: Room occupancy rates in hospitals and nursing homes remained at a low level. In addition, there was no significant stockpiling by customers comparable to the first quarter of 2020. Both factors led to a decline in sales of products from the Incontinence Management segment.
- Other Group Activities: In the Other Group Activities segment, the pandemic is causing declining sales - at KOB due to lower demand for products for sports injuries, and at CMC Consumer Medical Care due to generally low demand for cosmetic products. Kneipp, on the other hand, continued catering very well to the trend of greater health awareness.
Britta Fünfstück, CEO of the HARTMANN GROUP:
"As expected, the year 2021 has gotten off to a challenging start. The coronavirus pandemic is having a significant negative impact on our performance in some business areas. For us, it therefore remains crucial to implement our Transformation Program consistently and successfully."
About the HARTMANN GROUP
The HARTMANN GROUP is a leading European provider of system solutions for medical applications and nursing. Healthcare professionals and patients rely every day on HARTMANN's product brands in the core segments of Incontinence Management (including MoliCare®), Wound Management (including Zetuvit®) and Infection Prevention (including Sterillium®). We bring this to life with our brand promise: "Helps. Cares. Protects." In 2020, HARTMANN achieved sales of EUR 2.4 billion. Founded in 1818, the company is present with its products and solutions in more than 130 countries. The HARTMANN GROUP is currently implementing its strategic Transformation Program with its high-performance, customer-oriented and passionate team.
Please find the latest information about HARTMANN, as well as our perspective on various healthcare topics and trends at https://hartmann.info/ or HARTMANN@LinkedIn.